Monday, February 11, 2013

Death Guard Tactical squad Faestus





Hello everybody!

The people over in Greek Warhammer Forum had this sweet idea of making a contest based on an ancient White Dwarf series of articles, The tale of X gamers. To make a long story short, gamers gather and pledge to build an army on either Warhammer or Warhammer 40K in a specific time period, and I thought that this would be a lovely incentive for me to get my ass and make some progress on my Pre Heresy Death Guard Army!


So for all my greek speaking friends out there, here's the link to my thread presenting the progress of my army! For everybody else, here is what I have finished for this months challenge, Death Guard Tactical Squad Faestus








 It's been a while since I have finished a full squad and I feel really good that I made it! I enjoyed painting these models, I really love the war torn feel and look that the Death Guard has and I tried to show it as best as I could using a variety of washes and pigments as always.

So there you have it, thats my version of a Death Guard Tactical squad, stay tuned for more pre-heresy goodies! ;)

Great inspiration for these fellas, was the dynamic comeback of Jason Newstead!



I would love to hear your comments and see your votes on CoolMiniOrNot as always! Till next time, take care

3 comments :

  1. As always man. A really nice work! Even though I'd prefer the base on a slightly different color for contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will change the base color to something different with the next squad, I feel it needs contrast too now that I see the pictures better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an instant fan of your work. I am about to get started in 40k - I haven't even bought a 6th Ed. rulebook yet (store I go to was out of stock). I have been reading up on vehicles on the net trying to figure out how I want to put together my Great Company of Space Wolves.

    I think I need one or two Caestus Assault Rams in my gaming life :-) I saw pictures of your Imperial Fists CAR on coolminiornot (I use the username Lykaios on the site), and it is one of the most beautiful 40k models I have seen. I am still going through your older posts enjoying all your stuff.

    Please tell me you have a couple of tutorials on painting and weathering, a lot of what you do is EXACTLY what I would like to do.

    Keep the great work coming!!

    Lykaios
    lykaios616@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete