Thursday, October 6, 2016

Death Guard Contemptor Dreadnought WIP - Dreadtober Challenge #1






Hello everyone!

Joe from Broken Paintbrush got me digging up my Forgeworld boxes to build something I have purchased aeons ago with his Dreadtober Challenge #2 , the Contemptor Dreadnought






As you may probably have already seen from the pics, I tried to keep it as simple and original as possible. The model itself is a beauty and I dont want to spoil it with too many conversions. That said, I only added some Death Guard photo ethced iconography that I had laying around, adding to the model fluff and flavor. The model is based on a resin base from http://www.modelsandminis.com/.
Oddly enough, the model proved to be a pain in assembly mostly trying to find the correct pose. I wanted to pose it like it is searching for its next target, setting aside all obstacles in its way.

For the painting part, I am planning to keep it as close as possible with my other Death Guard models, extremely weathered and battle torn.

Keep an eye on further updates as I will start painting it soon, as part of the challenge I must keep the project rolling and finish it by the end of the month.

As always comments and remarks are more than welcome!

0 comments :

Post a Comment