Saturday, March 18, 2017

Space Orks Evil Sunz Mek on deff-jetbike







Hello everyone!

Being on a creative spree I have decided to finish my latest project, something which I had a hard time deciding what eventually is, untill you people gave me a revelation. I present to you Mek Gitfixa on his deff-jetbike.







This model has started as a project more than 10 years ago. Yes, you heard that right. It has been sitting on my bench on various stages for more than a decade. It originally started as a count as deffcopta, back when they were first introduced as a unit choice. I wanted to field some but it was impossible to find a model since the only alternative was the original gorkamorka model which was even then extremely rare and oop.

I had always a great thing for conversions, especially orky ones. Orks were my very first Warhammer army and it really got me into modelling and converting all sorts of waky vehicles and individuals. So I decided to rummage my bits box for suitable bits to create a deffcopta model to use in my games.

The main model I used was an old Warzone jeep model (I really don't remember what model though, I will make my research and I will edit this article so keep an eye on this space, unless someone out there finds out earlier so please comment below if you remember :) ). The jet packs are 2nd edition ork pulsa rokkits, the chainsaws in front are Catachan saws from the Catachan Sentinel set, Rokkets are from an 1:48 figher jet kit and various bits from the ork boys sprue, includng the Mek boy itself, with sculpted googles to add character. There are various sculpted parts in the model to integrate all bits seamlessly in the final model.

I went with a typical Evil Sunz paint sceme, staying true to the mythos that Red ones go fasta, a machine like this must definitely go faster than anything else this Mek has ever created, although it will probably kill him eventually. I have tried some flame patterns and checkers both freehand and transfers to add to the final orkyness.

So there you have it. My first finished ork project for a long time, and I hope definitely not the last. I would love to hear what you people think. If you have any questions concerning the overall conversion process I would be happy to help so feel free to hit me with anything in the comments below. As always I would love to see your votes on CoolMiniOrNot

Till next time, take care! 

4 comments :

  1. That is fantastic - Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dakka dakka dakka! The paint job looks fantastic and that is an eclectic set if bits

    ReplyDelete